A National Science Foundation STEM Network
This NSF grant-funded program was created to provide a buffet of opportunities for underrepresented STEM students. UC Berkeley’s NSF Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation in the Sciences (LSAMP) program is nicknamed NSF CAMP (California Alliance Minority Participation) and it is part of a UC systemwide alliance (http://www.camp.uci.edu). Nationally there are over 30 NSF LSAMP Alliances. This program focuses on increasing the number of baccalaureate degrees granted to underrepresented students in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM), and supporting continuation to graduate studies, particularly for the Ph.D. This is not a pre-med program. Minority
students gain many advantages through the academic and professional development
opportunities that increase retention and degree completion. These include workshops, linkedin coaching,
career strategist support, and professional development grants to help support
graduate school applications, etc. Often NSF LSAMP/CAMP scholars can qualify for STEM graduate school fee waivers at other universities because of its 25 year history of supporting diversity STEM. Typically in February, students from nine UCs travel to the host campus, UC Irvine, for a one day research poster competition. Over 25 STEM faculty mentor judge posters in areas of biological sciences, physical sciences, and engineering.
- LGBTQ, U.S. military veterans, and transfer students welcome
- Must be a registered UC Berkeley student at the time of the application
- U.S Citizens or Permanent Residents
- Be an individual who has faced or faces social, educational, or economic barriers to careers in STEM
- Sophomore through Senior STEM Majors interested in going to STEM Graduate School Programs
- 2.5 overall UC Berkeley GPA
- Program resources are contingent upon funding
Rolling Application Deadline is October 9th. If you are not sure about applying please ask your questions to Diana Lizarraga at #510.778.5165.
Application Link |https://calnerds.wufoo.com/forms/z6va7d20glci3h/